KRK 12S MK2 12″ Powered Studio Subwoofer
The KRK12s powered subwoofer is the perfect complement to KRK VXT series, KRK ROKIT series, or any other 6″-10″ studio monitor. The KRK12s is designed to extend the response of an existing monitor system so that the low-frequency portion of the mix can be engineered. The KRK12s features the powerful accurate and low distortion sound that is the hallmark of all KRK monitor systems.
An efficient and low distortion 225-watt amplifier makes the KRK12s perfect for project and professional studio applications that require increased signal pressure. The front-firing bass port and KRK’s light weight and high strength Kevlar woofer ensure a dynamic low-end punch. The KRK 12s has extensive bass management utilising a full phase adjust and reverse, LFE input capability, Internal and defeatable Limiter, and both balanced and unbalanced inputs.
In addition the subwoofer has an internal crossover which can be switched in and out of the path when muting the sub which allows full range material to be compared with and without subsonic content. A sturdy grill protects the driver cone and adds to the sleek appearance of the unit.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas – production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
For decades, KRK subwoofers have been the choice for high definition low frequency monitoring including some of the most prestigious studios across the world. Now, the KRK12s provides a larger low frequency driver for enhanced performance that is within the budget of even the most modest home, or project studio. Whether you are mixing in any surround environment (up to 10.2) or just looking to upgrade the low frequency extension of your existing stereo monitors, the KRK12s is designed to meet the task.
This performance is brought to you by drivers, enclosures and technology which is custom-designed by our world-class studio monitor engineering team.
- 12” Model
- New curved design and custom colour matches KRK ROKIT and VXT monitors
- Protective Steel front Grill provides protection
- Power LED provides visual indication of unit’s status
- Bypass foot switch allows for checking mixes with and without subwoofer (footswitch not included)
- Integrated crossover matches any main speaker system
- Ground lift switch tames ground loops
- Radically Curved Front Baffle Design for Amazing Performance
- Front-firing port provides low frequency extension without boundary coupling
- User’s manual provides clear setup instructions
- Scientifically designed front firing port reduces wall coupling and port turbulence
- Powerful bass reinforcement with KRK’s trademark yellow-cone glass-aramid woofer